Sunday, June 23, 2013

Nutella swirl cup cake

It is my turn to bring treats at work tomorrow and my stove/oven broke down today! Turned out it was a timer start/stop issue when the land lady's son came to fix it. Earlier, C and I had already taken the oven racks and heating coils apart to clean, thinking it could have been all the goo that had caused a short circuit! So as a backup, I used the mini toaster oven I brought over from Singapore. And given the limited size of the mini oven, I made mini cup cakes!

This is a traditional Chinese egg cake(鸡蛋糕)recipe with a Nutella twist. You could say its a soft kueh bahulu. I love how easy it is to make.

Summary of recipe:
Preheat oven to 180 degree Celcius.
1. Beat 2 eggs + 100 gm sugar + small pinch of salt with handheld mixer, medium speed for two minutes.
2. Sift 90gm flour + 1/2tsp baking powder and fold into #1.
3. Stir in 17gm oil until evenly mixed.
4. Scoop or pipe batter into lined mini muffin pan.
5. Pipe a dollop of Nutella on top center of each muffin. Use the tip of a chopstick to swirl the Nutella into the batter*.
6. Bake for 15 mins.

This recipe makes 24 mini cupcakes (~3cm diameter).

*As you can see from the picture below, I totally forgot to swirl the Nutella into the batter! 


Recipe source: http://rasamalaysia.com/mini-egg-cake-recipe/2/

No comments:

Post a Comment